View resource name in all available languages
Base de données SpeechDat-Car du français
The French SpeechDat-Car comprises the recordings of 313 French speakers from 6 different regions (158 males, 155 females), recorded over the GSM telephone network and in a car. This database is partitioned into 16 DVDs. The speech databases made within the SpeechDat-Car project were validated by SPEX, the Netherlands, to assess their compliance with the SpeechDat-Car format and content specifications.
The speech data files are in two formats. Four of the microphones were recorded on the computer in the boot of the car. The speech data are stored as sequences of 16 kHz, 16 bit and uncompressed. The fifth microphone was connected to the GSM phone, and was recorded on a remote machine, with compressed data stored as sequences of 8 bit A-law 8.kHz. Each signal file is accompanied by an ASCII SAM label file which contains the relevant descriptive information.
Each speaker uttered the following items:
- 2 voice activation keywords
- 1 sequence of 10 isolated digits
- 7 connected digits : 1 sheet number (5+ digits), 1 spontaneous telephone number, 3 read telephone numbers, 1 credit card number (14-16 digits), 1 PIN code (6 digits)
- 3 dates : 1 spontaneous date (e.g. birthday), 1 prompted date, 1 relative or general date expression
- 2 word spotting phrases using an application word (embedded)
- 1 question (extra item)
- 4 isolated digits
- 7 spelled words : 1 spontaneous (own forename or surname), 1 spelling of directory city name, 4 real word/name, 1 artificial name for coverage
- 1 money amount
- 1 email address (extra item)
- 1 natural number
- 7 directory assistance names : 1 spontaneous (own forename or surname), 1 city of birth / growing up (spontaneous), 2 most frequent cities, 2 most frequent company/agency, 1 "forename surname"
- 9 phonetically rich sentences
- 2 time phrases : 1 time of day (spontaneous), 1 time phrase (word style)
- 4 phonetically rich words
- 67 application words: 13 mobile phone application words, 22 IVR function keywords, 32 car products keywords
- 2 additional language dependent keywords
- 1 additional language dependent keywords (extra item)
- Prompts for spontaneous speech
The following age distribution has been obtained: 208 speakers are between 16 and 30, 78 speakers are between 31 and 45, 25 speakers are between 46 and 60, and 2 speakers are over 60. A pronunciation lexicon with a phonemic transcription in SAMPA is also included.
View resource description in all available languages