Luxembourgish-German SpeechDat(II) FDB-500
View resource name in all available languages
Base de données SpeechDat(II) de allemand parlé au Luxembourg FDB-500
The Luxembourgish-German SpeechDat(II) FDB-500 database contains the recordings of 560 Luxembourgish-German speakers (247 Males, 313 Females) recorded over the Luxembourgish fixed telephone network. This database is partitioned into 3 CDs, which comprise 160 to 200 speakers’ sessions each.
Speech samples are stored as sequences of 8-bit 8 kHz A-law. Each prompted utterance is stored in a separate file. Each signal file is accompanied by an ASCII SAM label file, which contains the relevant descriptive information.
This speech database was validated by SPEX (the Netherlands) to assess its compliance with the SpeechDat format and content specifications.
Each speaker uttered the following items:
- 7 application words
- 4 isolated digits
- 1 sequence of 10 isolated digits
- 5 connected digits (1 area code, 1 spontaneous phone number, 1 credit card number –15/16 digits, etc.
- 3 dates (1 spontaneous date e.g. birthday, 1 prompted date, 1 general and relative date expression)
- 1 embedded application word
- 4 spelled words
- 1 currency money amount
- 1 natural number
- 6 directory assistance names (1 forename, 1 city of birth, 1 most frequent city, 1 city name, 1 company name, 1 "forename surname")
- 2 yes/no questions (1 predominantly "yes" question, 1 predominantly "no" question)
- 10 phonetically rich sentences
- 2 time phrases (1 spontaneous time of day, 1 time phrase)
- 6 phonetically rich words
The following age distribution has been obtained: 5 speakers are under 16, 113 speakers are between 16 and 30, 174 speakers are between 31 and 45, 184 speakers are between 46 and 60 and 84 are over 60.
A pronunciation lexicon with a phonemic transcription in SAMPA is also included.
View resource description in all available languages